I went on a short trip to Vancouver last week to visit relatives and friends. Thoughts:
- Vancouver is kinda like a smaller version of the Bay Area (city on peninsula surrounded by water, anti-road sentiment, elevated rail transit, etc), except with taller mountains and taller buildings.
- The weather was perfect. I carried around a sweater and never needed it, even at night.
- The road construction on the Sea-to-Sky Highway is coming along nicely.
- The Richmond Night Market is a cross between a flea market and a night market in Taipei. It is gigantic. The food stalls looked tasty — too bad I was too full from dinner. The next time I’m up there, I’ll just go there for dinner.
- It’s definitely nicer visiting in August than in December (unless you want to go skiing).