A few observations about my experience with Flickr:
- Ever since I’ve been uploading my photos to Flickr in June, I’ve blogged a lot less often. I guess I can only devote so much attention to any online activity.
- Out of the 21 people who list me as a contact, I don’t know 1/3 of them. It’s flattering, but also a little eerie.
- It also took a while to get used to random people leaving comments and marking my photos as their favorites.
- But those things keep encouraging me to take and post more and more photos, since I know someone besides me appreciates them.
- There might be other online photo albums that have certain features that are better, but one of the biggest reasons I stay on Flickr is network effects — my friends are also on Flickr.